Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Playing along

One of my best friend's sister has started a blog called The Styling Game. Fun little fashion challenges are issued Monday through Friday- and I have decided to play along. I played yesterday, but never got the chance to take pictures. When I saw today's theme, I thought- no way will I be able to do this- but as I started thinking about it and getting ready I think I surprised myself.
Today's theme was "Pie". Well, the first thing I thought about when I thought about pie (and don't ask me why) is 50's housewife. Aprons, baking, ladylike demure. So, I set to work. I would have loved to wear a skirt, but I don't have one that would work. So white capris it was. My blue and white shirt with a lattice print is my "pie" representative. Blueberries! Yum! Going along with the 50's housewife idea I added some ladylike kitten heels and matching jewelry. I pinned my hair up (which also makes the days activities that much cooler) and stepped out of the box with some bold lipstick. (oh, and my nailpolish just so happens to be "Cherry bomb")

No comments:

Post a Comment